The School of Cosmetology has two purposes:
- To train students to become professional cosmetologists, estheticians, or manicurists.
- To offer quality cosmetology (hair care), esthetician (skin care/makeup), and manicure/pedicure (nail care) services to the public at affordable prices.
All services are provided by students under the supervision of qualified instructors. Please call (805) 579-6275 for customer service hours. Appointments recommended.
School of Cosmetology General Information:
- Payment for the program is due upon enrollment in the program. Additional payments (Cosmetology program only) and purchasing of materials (starter Kit) will occur once the program has started. A calendar of payment dates and specific amounts will be given to students upon enrollment.
- Starter kit must be purchased through the Simi Valley Adult School and Career Institute Student Store.
- Students are required to wear a school uniform which must be purchased through the Simi Valley Adult School and Career Institute.
- Students enrolled in any of the Cosmetology programs are required to fully participate in all aspects of the program, including performing beauty services/operations on the public as well as classmates.
- To be eligible to take the State Board licensure exam, students must show proof of successful completion of the tenth grade or high school diploma/GED.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of class.
- Students must have a valid form of identification AND a social security card.
- Students must be able to speak, read, write English, 9th grade reading level is recommended.
The Cosmetology program covers all operations involving hair, including permanent waving, chemical relaxing, hair cutting and blow-drying, as well as manicures, pedicures and facials. This program takes approximately one year (day students) to approximately 18 months (evening students) to complete. Once enrolled in a program (day or evening), students must remain in that program. Switching program times is not permitted. Approximately 1600-hours are required to be eligible for State Board licensure.
Day Cosmetology Class Hours
Mon. 9:30 AM-2:30 PM School of Cosmetology
T,W,Th,F 9:30 AM-4:30 PM School of Cosmetology
Evening Cosmetology Class Hours
M,T,W,Th + 5:30 PM-9:30 PM School of Cosmetology
Sat. * 930 AM-4:30 PM School of Cosmetology *Saturdays are mandatory
The Cosmetology program offers courses in cosmetology, esthetician, manicuring, and salon services.